Virtual Consults for Breastfeeding and Bottle Feeding Help
I have been doing virtual visits for years, but due to COVID19 have expanded my virtual offerings to cover almost all of the same things that we would work on during an office visit. I know what you’re thinking, and yes, I really CAN help you virtually. My virtual visits are in depth and completely centered around you and your family. I have virtually guided moms and parents to successfully:
- improve painful latches and nipple damage
- fix low milk supply or oversupply
- improve baby’s weight gain
- stop using the nipple shield
- help their gassy, fussy baby to be more comfortable and get more sleep
- end bottle refusal
- identify and treat tongue tie, lip tie and other oral dysfunction
- exclusively pump
- return to work (even from home) and continue making a full milk supply
- wean and stop breastfeeding or making milk
Virtual visits are not recommended or appropriate for all situations, and may require in-person follow up. If you’d like to make sure that your appointment is appropriate for a virtual visit please contact me before booking.
All initial virtual consults take up to 1.5 hours and are conducted via a HIPAA-compliant video chat program. Follow-ups take up to 1 hour.
I am happy to do virtual visits for people anywhere in the world!
Many insurance companies in Massachusetts, including BCBS of MA, Allways and Harvard Pilgrim are fully covering/reimbursing my families for virtual consults/telehealth due to the Coronavirus pandemic. I am in network with Aetna and Unicare and these visits should be covered under your insurance policy. For other insurances I will provide you with an itemized receipt properly coded for Telehealth after our appointment. I can not guarantee that they will reimburse. Please contact member services for your insurance company directly to discuss.