Hi, I'm Rachel!
I want to help you solve your breastfeeding problems.
Listen… breastfeeding may be natural, but that doesn’t make it easy. Your baby is new to this, and you may be too. You need a kind, compassionate, real-life, guilt free breastfeeding expert to help you navigate all the ins and outs so you can meet your breastfeeding goal. That’s where I come in.
I am an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) in Sudbury, MA who also holds a master’s degree in human lactation. I do in-home lactation consults- yes, I come to your house and help you on YOUR terms and on YOUR turf!
I know firsthand how difficult it is to suffer through breastfeeding problems; while nursing my three children I dealt with their lip ties, and mastitis, and painful latches. Those struggles drove me to my love of lactation and helping nursing families, because nobody should have to go through what I went through.
My areas of lactation knowledge include (but aren't limited to):
- latching issues, nipple pain, bleeding and/or cracked nipples
- assessing for tongue tie and lip tie symptoms and providing families with referrals to local professionals who provide frenotomy services
- oversupply, plugged ducts, mastitis, thrush
- weaning from the nipple shield (and fixing the issues that led to nipple shield use in the first place)
- straight, lesbian, gay, queer, poly, and trans families– LGBTQI+ friendly & experienced
- adoptive breastfeeding and chestfeeding
- re-lactation and induced lactation
- pumping issues and return-to-work planning/troubleshooting
- nursing after breast reduction or augmentation
- safe sleep and safe co-sleeping practices
- medications and procedures that may affect lactation